Ask yourself each of the following questions to ensure that you are giving your students your best, after all, wouldn't you want to be a student in your class? I sure hope so, if not, you may wish to re-think your career.
1. What types of questions will I ask that will make my students think, reflect and engage?
3. Do I maintain a healthy pace for each of my lessons? How do I know?
4. Am I authentic? Are my students able to relate to the content?
5. Am I showing passion for what I am teaching? Do I keep it fun and worthwhile?
6. Do I provide the opportunity for collaboration, problem solving and working together? After all, we rarely solve problems alone.
7. Is there opportunity for movement? No student wants to sit at a desk all day.
8. Is there a purpose for learning? Did I establish it with my students? Could my students answer the question "Why am I Learning this?"
If you can answer positively to each of these questions for the content you are about to teach, pat yourself on the back and share with others.
If classroom management is getting you down, try some of the proven strategies here.