Greater Than or Less Than Worksheets

A Trick To Help Our Young Learners

I think I love this tip as much as my students snicker away as I share it with them.

Although it seems like a pretty easy concept, greater than and less than symbols are quite confusing for young learners. Last week, I heard one of the more comical ways of remembering these symbols, it was just  too good not to share so here you are:

"The guy with the big nose, always looks down at us so he is the biggest number!"

The students laughed and a parent told me her son won't forget it.

Give the strategy a try and here are the greater than and less than worksheets to see if it works. Have another great tip? Share in comments.

It's just over a month until Christmas, are you ready? Have a great teaching week!


1 comment

the discovery of irrational numbers said...

Maths worksheets are nice learning option, in my opinion worksheets help to improve skills in maths.